Sunday, June 15, 2008

Men’s Golf Fashion at Torrey Pines

It is finally summer golf season, which I personally love because I can wear cute skirts and dresses, but this season it is not all about women’s fashion. Back in February I was happily invited to join the buyer at our club to a buyers convention, and I got to see all of the new collections for Bobby Jones, Adidas, Nike, Spot Haley and many more. It was so awesome to look through the catalogs for the whole year (spring, summer, fall, and winter) and we got to see all of the samples including the new shoes, hats, and golf bags. I was definitely in my element and I helped our buy choose outfits for the men’s section in our proshop, as well as the women’s, and I am happy to say Tiger’s Collection for Nike is awesome. They have some great colors for their pants, shorts and shirts. I especially loved their various plaid shorts, and Nike made some great shirts to match. The 2008 U.S. Open has prompted the men to be out in full force with their fashion. Here are some of my favorites.



These three look great. The checked shirt was exciting the first few times Adam Scott wore it and it is now getting a bit old, but he still looks great.

Tiger of course looks great with "bright" colors because of his complexion and this blue is not exception.

All black is always a great outfit for men and women. It gives you a slimmer look as well as an intimidating non-nonsense style.




Here is another great color, which a lot of men are wearing.








Tiger also wore a brilliant shade of green on day 2.










Ian Poulter wore a great pink number, and after the Masters I call him the Rockstar and he usually does not disapoint with his outfits. I give him mad props for having the guts to wear what he does.





Justin Rose is one of my favorite players to watch even though his success is not what it should be, but he has a great clothing sponsor, Adidas, and he always puts great outfits together.









Shingo Katayama is another player who is fun to watch, especially since he always wears a cowboy hat! He has a lot of game and it is a matter of time when he will be considered as one of the best.







Men should not overlook how the dress, act and look overall on the golf course because more and more women are playing the game and we are looking for hot guys out on the golf course. :)

No comments: