Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lorena Ochoa


Lorena Ochoa is the best female golf player right now in my opinion. She won her first Major (Women's British Open) under though weather conditions, the week after she won the Canadian Women's Open, and just this past week she won the Safeway Classic. She is an amazing women who is one of the players I look up to and I think should get more recognition then she is getting. She is on this months cover for Golf for Women Magazine and it is amazing to read about her life story.


After her three wins she is going to take a month off to rest and visit her family in Mexico. I definitely think professional players need to take time off, but at the same time I think it might hurt the LPGA in terms of number of viewers for upcoming tournaments. On the other hand, her vacation gives some other players a chance to get a win or two under their belt. I hope Paula Creamer ( my favorite American player) makes the most out of this opportunity and gets another win under her belt. She has played well this year and has one win and a few top ten finishes already on tour. I saw her play at the Long Drugs Challenge, which takes place at Blackhawk Country Club near Danville, Ca last year. To see these women up close is amazing. It really puts it in perspective just how good these players are and that their games are based on precision and consistency more than anything else. I plan to attend the tournament again this year and hopefully Lorena will be playing in that tournament because I would love to watch the world’s number one player up close.

No comments: