Friday, April 10, 2009

Par 3 - Challenge

Wednesday was the Par 3 Challenge, which is always really fun to watch. We got to the course early and stood for two hours just so we could get really good seats on the 9th green. After we put our chairs down we walked around the course and I took close to 1,000 pictures for the entire day. I love taking pictures and at Augusta National it isn’t hard to go crazy taking pictures. At around 1:30 p.m. we headed to the Par 3 course and stayed until the second to last group came through. As we headed up Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood were teeing off on hole 8. Rory was signing autographs, so I decided to stick my hat out and he happily signed it for me. As he moved along I saw him take a picture with a kid and I called him back to take a picture with me. He was nice enough to come all the way back to where I was and take a picture with me and he actually smiled in the picture! He wasn’t ticked that I called him back for the picture which has made me a Rory fan for life! Maybe I will follow him tomorrow. Hmmm...

You can follow me more closely on twitter!

No comments: